Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Booknerd Boutique 7/2/13

Hey there! I'd like to introduce a new feature on the blog. Booknerd Boutique - these entries will be weekly (or so) collections of cool nerdy links that I have found through the week. Author stuff, news about new books, film adaptations, that kind of thing. Or, you know...whatever I feel like...because it's my blog (insert evil laugh here).

  • First up: in series new: True Blood season 6 has started, the show based on Charlaine Harris's super successful Southern Vampire series. Also, the 13th and last Sookie book has come out recently: Dead Ever After I'll be picking that one up soon, so you can expect a review this month.
  • Under the Dome - the CBS television adaptation of Stephen King's 2009 novel started up last week. After I watch a few more episodes I'll cook up a review/snarky comments for y'all regarding that. You can watch it: here.
  • Enjoy two snippets of video clips of a lengthy Stephen King interview - one on his compulsion to write: here. And one calling him Walt Disney's evil twin: here.
  • Three Neil Gaiman tidbits for you: New Sandman cover has been released, check it out: here. My review of Sandman: Dream Hunters: here. Gaiman's novel American God is going to be a 6 (!!) season show on HBO, that article: here. My American Gods review: here. And, even cooler: Neil Gaiman's 8 rules for writing. Enjoy those: here
Not sure what kind of photo to put, so yeah, I decided on a pig reading the newspaper. You enjoy that.

Enjoy! and Happy 4th of July everyone!